1) Crossfit is hard. Why be uncomfortable?
2) You’ll look stupid. Even if you perform a move correctly, who wants to be outdone by someone twice their age and half their size?
3) Crossfitting is extreme. It’s only for pro athletes and former Olympians.
4) You’ll start using ‘Crossfit’ as a verb–or worse yet, a gerund (see #3).
5) You’ve already tried insane workouts, and you didn’t get six-pack abs in six weeks; in fact, you got injured–Crossfit is just the same as all of those other fads.
6) You’d prefer something fun and pain-free, like Zumba.
7) Your hands will get dirty.
8) Squatting is obscene. (Someone might see your butt).
9) You’ll need to invest in a new wardrobe. Places that were too snug will be too loose, and places that were too loose will be too snug.
10) You might start looking sexy (see #9), and who needs that kind of attention?
11) You might start feeling sexy, and who needs that kind of pressure?
12) You might become more driven, energetic and focused.
13) Your athletic body and new mindset will cause all sorts of problems in your current relationship (see #9-12).
14) Your old friends will send you links to online quizzes, to see if you belong to a cult. They may even host an intervention for you.
15) You won’t be able to hide anything from your new friends–you’ll have to be yourself.
16) You’ll stop believing myths about Crossfit.